College of Foreign Languages at Shanghai Maritime University (Shanghai, China) is looking for 2 English teachers, responsible for English Writing, English Videos, Listening and Speaking, as well as Spoken English and other relevant courses to undergraduate students. Requirements for applicants are as following:
(1) Native English speakers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
(2)With at least a bachelor’s degree majoring in liberal arts or other relevant disciplines.
(3) Additionally with a TEFL or TESOL certificate and 2 years’ English teaching experiences.
(4) Devotion to teaching: patient, responsible and enthusiastic;
(5) Age: under 58 years old
(1) During the contract period, 15,000 yuan (pre-tax)/month (including rent subsidy) and will be paid normally during winter and summer vacations;
(2) During the contract period, an additional 1000 yuan holiday allowance will be provided for each winter and summer vacation;
(3) During the contract period, the round-trip economy class international air tickets from Shanghai to the residence of the home country will be reimbursed. The upper limit of reimbursement is 15,000 yuan for a round-trip.
(4) The school will purchase commercial insurance for foreign teachers, arrange an annual physical examination, reimburse work visa fee, and provide reimbursement for transportation expenses to and from Shanghai airport when returning to China during winter and summer vacations
(1) 14-16 hours per week, i.e. 14-16 periods (45 minutes/period) per week.
(2) Extra hours of voluntary work every semester, such as coaching and tutoring contestants and/or serving as a judge in English-related contests, lecturing, audio recording for non-commercial purposes, etc.
If you are interested in this position, please send the following to Ms. Wenjing Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org)at Foreign Languages College, Shanghai Maritime University:
(1) A scanned copy of the first page of your passport.
(2) CV with your full name, birth date, country of residence, E-mail address, home address and phone number as well as a description of your academic history and teaching experience.
(3) Scanned copies of your highest degree certificate and other teaching certificates such asTESOL, TEFL etc., if any.
(4) A scanned copy of current work permitlicence issued by China Foreign Expert Bureau and work residence permit page of your passport when currently work in China.
Once decided, College of Foreign Languages will inform the university office (Division of International Exchange and Cooperation at Shanghai Maritime University) of your contract procedures.
College of Foreign Languages
Shanghai Maritime University
Shanghai, P. R. China